Thursday, August 23, 2007

Crazy little life

I haven't talked to Tony for more than 10 mintes at a time for what seems like weeks. He has been working Saturdays, overtime, sidejobs and still soccer twice a week with Reagan. But his holidays start tomorrow and he is off till the 5th of Sept. His uncle and aunt arrive from England on Sunday so the week will be busy, I'm sure. But 'holiday busy' is so much better than 'work busy'. Can't believe the summer is almost over. I don't feel like I did nearly as much with the kids as I wanted to. The weather was a bit of a disappointment so trips to the lake or the pool didn't happen as often as I had hoped. Hoping for a nice September and maybe we'll take the kids out of school for a couple of days and get another camping trip in this year. Tomorrow we are heading to Allouette Lake for Tony's company picnic and then heading to camp later to pick up Hudson who's been gone since Tuesday (too cool at age 7 to give his Mom a hug goodbye). Cooper said today 'it's no fun without Hudson'. Why doesn't he realize this when Hudson is here? sigh

Reading a great book right now My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. One of those ones you can't wait to get back to. Almost done and then have two more written by her just waiting to be read. Haven't had some good books to read in a long time - love that I've found some.


Somtimes life just calls for a little silliness.

No comments: