Saturday, August 4, 2007




A clean house always makes me feel good- accomplished. Today I got it all done, bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting. Tony was at work - the boys all played together nicely all morning, and Reagan was at Aunty Mary's. She still is actually - coming home tomorrow morning. Yesterday we went to Mary's for the afternoon and evening to celebrate Olivia's 16th and Rochelle's 14th birthday. We have been able to see a lot of them lately, which the kids all just love. During the school year we are all so busy so months go by sometimes before we see eachother. Summer is good for catching up on our visits. Anyways, Reagan stayed thre last night and Mary will bring her home tomorrow. I know that she is having a great time - she told me that this little trip of two nights is "her summer vacation". Obviously a highlight.

Last post I promised an update on swimming lessons. Taggart is doing so, so good. The first day he was very unsure and didn't want to go in the water but I made him and he cried. He is standing in the water crying and calling for me but I just watched from the sides and gave him the thumbs up. That lasted for maybe 5 minutes and then he got right in to it. It helps that his group is only him and one other little girl. Lots of one on one time with the instructor who, by the way, he told me yesterday he loves. "Mom, I love Miss Michelle" . Anyways, he has just continued to improve everyday and now he is standing in the water giving me big smiles and a constant thumbs up. He is very proud to be a sea turtle.

Reagan is doing well also, but has a very big group - 6 kids. She seems a little cautious this time around and tries to slip under the radar a bit. Cooper and Hudson are both in the same level. Hudson's first time and Cooper's third. Hudson went off the diving board on Friday and he was very proud of himself. I think I will look into private lessons next time around. Try it and see the difference in their learning.
Starting off the long weekend tomorrow with a shopping trip to the Seattle Outlets with Mary, Olivia, Rochelle and Nana. Tony is on kid duty - he even gets an extra one because Mary is leaving Jake here. Looking forward to the day. Should go to bed so I am well rested for a day of bargain hunting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidy,
I have just read your latest post. Yesterday was so great - sorry you only got to eat half your bowl of Cherrios, but if we're going to go - Let's go!!!
It was a great day. One of the highlights of the summer so far.
See you when we get back from Osoyoos.