Friday, October 14, 2011

Photo blocks


I saw a version of these in a magazine years and years ago and have been wanting to make them ever since. After spending the afternoon at a vintage market with a very encouraging friend of mine a few weeks ago, I decided it was time to bring this idea to fruition.
These little blocks are about 1.5" and I can see them playfully stacked on a mantle or elsewhere, but I particularly like them held in a decorative bowl like this one.
It is no secret that I love photos and that I love to craft with photos. And as much as I love scrapbooking, the albums aren't out in the open all the time to see and touch. These little blocks are a fun and tactile way to show off family snapshots. The kids can stack them, hold them and count how many times they can find their own face. As much as I try to make that one even, one is always complaining that their brother shows up more times than they do.
I want to try these out in different sizes. I think if I can do a block that is about 4 or 5 inches, you would really only need one to make a statement.
This has got me thinking about other creative ways we could display photos, other than in an album or behind glass in a frame on the wall. Hmmmmmm.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! You know what I'm going to say...DREAM my friend!

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic! Any chance you could post directions on how to make them?

Anonymous said...

You are totally amazing my lovely sister!!