Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dahlias

We visited a new place last weekend. Ferncliff Gardens in Mission.

Thanks Julie, for letting us know about this little gem of a place.
The weather was perfect. Tony and I really enjoyed walking around and looking at all the varieties of these pretty flowers. Trying to decide what to put in our garden next spring.

Cooper and Hudson were less excited about the afternoon, so I put Cooper to work with the clipboard and price list. As I told him ones that I liked, he was meant to find them on the list and mark them with an X. Doesn't he look thrilled??

Reagan, on the other hand, wanted her picture taken with just about every bloom. How could I refuse?

Taggart was also quite into the flowers, for a while, then he found some trucks in the dirt to play with until we were done.


I am quite looking forward to having just a few of these in my yard next summer to cut and bring into the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you posted Reagan's photos...so cute! It's a lovely place isn't it. Now you'll have to visit it during iris, peony and day lily season...more fun to come next year! Tell Cooper to sharpen his pencil for next time!