Sunday, March 18, 2007

Feeling some Spring




Love this time of year. Daylight savings time started this week - three weeks earlier than usual. Even thought we have seen a lot of rain this week it still feels good to have daylight after dinner to take a quick walk down to the track. Hudson spent his birthday money on roller blades so Thursday night we went down for a quick lesson. He did really good and didn't get discouraged - which I was a little worried about.


Went out with Jen and Melinda(highschool friends) on Friday night for a movie and a coffee. Nice to get out of the house after being in most of the week. Tag is doing so great. He is basically out of diapers except for night. Even made it through a long car ride to Vancouver yesterday. We all went to Mary's for Jake's birthday dinner. Kids had a great time as usual. Got home at around 9:00 and dragged 4 very tired(some already asleep) kids to bed and then Tony and I sat down to watch a bit of TV and relax.

Tony: What is that? Do you hear that?
Me: No(not unusual for me)
5 minutes later
Tony: There it is again. Do you hear that- somethings beeping.
Me: I don't know.
Tony: I think it's that Tomagatchi thing. (birthday present for Hudson from Aunty Mary)
Me: Great - another electronic thing beeping at us that I have no idea how to work. Thanks, Mary.
So very tired of trying how to moniter all the many screens that seem ot take over our lives and the lives of the kids. Sometimes I am so tempted to turn them all off for good - but then of course I never want the rules to apply to me. Getting ready now to watch the "funny show"(aka America's Funniest Videos) a favorite of the kids. Sunday night tradition - nice way to end the weekend.

No comments: