Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Colorful centerpiece


I have always loved the look of art supplies. As a kid a new box of crayons, all perfectly sharpened was bliss. When I saw an idea similar to this online the other day, I thought I had to duplicate. The kids love it even more than I thought. I lined the kitchen table with brown kraft paper and the tray of colorful goodies has made them happy. It even quiets them down in those frantic last minutes before dinner is ready and they are all hungrly and cranky. Can't ask for more than that. The candy was added for extra color but I'm not sure how long I can keep refilling those. Apparently, will power is something they have not yet learned. Hooray for new ideas that prove to be a success. I think this will grace our kitchen table for a long time.




Today was garbage day again and we were outside when the truck came by. The look on his face when he hears it coming is so priceless. The guy is so nice to Tag and they have become total buds. He got to push the button on the truck again to make the conveyer move and he honks his horn at Tag. This is such a fun thing in Taggart's life right now that I want it kept in our memories. I would so love to get it on video but feel a little silly recording the garbage man.




I am still adding layouts to my gallery constantly and am happy about that. Now that all the TV shows are ending for the summer I hope to get off the couch in the evening and back to my scrap table more often to add even more. I love seeing comments on my layouts from people I don't even know but share the same passion. I so love this hobby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidy,
The table centerpiece does look fantastic. The colours just brighten up everything.

I'm sure the garbage man would be thrilled to know Tag loves his visit so much that you want to video tape it. Ask him!!!

I am also glad all those TV shows are ending - although Canada's Next Top Model did start last night!!

Can't wait until the 10th - hope there's some of those smarties left then. Tell Reagan to save me some pink ones!

Anonymous said...

Heidykins you are the best Mom!! It looks great and what a fab idea to keep the monkeys quiet. Agree with Mary, I think the garbo likes Tag enough to be filmed with him. Good on the garbo for filling his surely smelly day with little sweet times, like with Tag. Love you all, Leni