Tuesday, May 22, 2007

First picnic of the season










Tonight we had a spur of the moment Tuesday night picnic at the park. No reason but that the weather was nice and Tony suggested it. He often does this - calls from work and says lets take the kids somewhere tonight. I had a pork roast in the crock pot and my bread machine going for buns. So we through in a bag of potato chips and some juice boxes, called Nana along for the ride and off we went. Somehow food always tastes better outside. A walk on the trails for the boys, a playground for Reagan, a game of catch for Tag and Nana, and a blanket in the sun for me. Can't ask for much more.














The long weekend provided little entertainment this time around. It rained and Tony got strep throat. The highlight was Monday night dinner at not one, not two, but three McDonalds. This apparently is what you do when your kids really, really want a particular SHREK toy and every restaurant seems to be giving out a different one. How did I know this, you ask. Before we left I made 7 phonecalls to find out. Above and beyond the call of duty, I say. But they were all happy and someday they'll thank me or maybe forget it ever happened. Either one.


And lastly for any American Idol watchers - Go Blake! I know there are at least a couple Blaker Girls out there who may be reading this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Go, Blake, Go! Although I'm worried after last night. Jordon sure belted out the songs!
Love the photos. The picnic looks great. Perhaps if it's nice on the 10th we could do a picnic?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Don't know this Blake dude but he looks passionate. The picanica looks good. Get Anita and Jordan to come with you once - Anita loves picanicas. Are you making Oma buns? Way to go as that is something at least one of us should learn to do but I have not yet tried. Love the photos but it makes me miss you!! Love, Leni