Monday, July 16, 2007

The difference one can make

Last night we drove up to Camp Squeah to drop off Cooper. I was a little worried because he wasn't feeling well the last couple days. He started complaining on Friday that he had 'pulled his jaw'. I wasn't quite sure what that meant and because he does tend to have a flair for drama I didn't think too much of it. But the poor boy woke up on Saturday hardly able to open his mouth. So I took him to the clinic and he has an absess behind his right earlobe. The doctor said probably caused by a staph infection. Still have no idea how he got that but anyways we started him on antibiotics and by yesterday afternoon he had gotten a lot better. So off he went to camp, happy as can be. It's a big deal this year because he gets to stay for 5 nights, which means an overnighter in the woods. He was very excited and we even gave him our old digital camera to record the whole thing. Hopefully it doesn't get dropped in the creek or something and on Friday I may have some photos of the whole experience through Cooper's eyes.
Today was very uneventful - hence the title of this post. Not entirely sure whether it's because I am missing one or is it because of the one I am missing :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Olivia will need to apologize for all of her 'secret laughing' over Cooper's 'pulled jaw muscle'. The poor little fellow, there actually was something wrong!
You are so cool to let him take your digital camera. I'm sure as soon as my kids hear that I will NEVER hear the end of it!
You may be missing one now, but just think, on Sunday you will have 5!!!!!