Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas come and gone

Wow, it sure does go fast, doesn't it.





Here are a few highlights of the past few days around here.





1. Christmas family festivites started on the 23rd at John and Christine's for the Braun gathering and turkey dinner. A great evening of visiting, eating, BINGO and some pool. A smaller crowd of only 17 this year as one entire family was missing.





2. The 24th was a busy Symonds day. Started out with breakfast in bed for Nana (happy birthday).





3. Mary, Nik and the kids arrived around lunch time and we enjoyed chinese food for lunch to celebrate Mum's birthday together and then shortly thereafter things shifted from birthday to Christmas.



4. The house starts to smell like turkey while the kids open their stockings from Nana. An afternoon of playing, snacking and puzzles.





5. Family + Food = Happiness. See above photo. Our yummy dinner was followed by present opening and just generally hanging out, laughing and enjoying eachother's company.









6. Christmas morning was just right. Just the 6 of us doing our thing. The kids all opened their stockings in one big whirlwind and then we put on a pot of tea and then opened our presents one at a time.





7. The kids stayed in their jammies all day long and they couldn't have been happier. We played games, built Lego, got crafty with Reagan's new stuff, ate, ate and ate. The day went by so very fast and I couldn't believe it was all over. It was warm and cozy and just right.





Here are a few more highlights in picture form:
The gang


Hudson working some magic on Aunty Mary


New binoculars from Santa


A lot of Guitar Hero - present to Tony from the kids

Cooper finally got skene it - Coop, the C is silent, for the 100th time



I have to mention one more thing. The story behind this picture. This is my Christmas cracker. I have been making the Christmas crackers for the Symonds dinner for a few years now and Tony always fills mine. The past few years he has gone a little overboard with the presents he puts in mine, never sticking to the idea that it is supposed to be just a little silly gift. This year I thought he had finally gone back to the origianl plan because in my cracker was a little toy camera with silly cartoon pictures inside. Knowing how much I like to take pictures I thought it was cute. But he comes up behind me with another gift all wrapped up that he says is my actual cracker gift. I feel my heart start to race a little, thinking about what he could have possibly done. Inside the box is my dream camera - Nikon D40X. I think it is the first time I have ever really gotten emotional over a gift he has given me. I was so overwhelmed and shocked - really never thinking that he was going to buy me such an expensive gift. Anyways, tears were shed and all eyes at the table were on me and the whole thing was lovely. So, so excited to have this great new camera to play with and figure out. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tony. I won't forget this one for a long time. How will you top this cracker gift next year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidy,
It was such a great Christmas this year - we all had so much fun. Some how I'll need to get copies of photos from you.
My girls still talk about how they've never seen you cry before - (of course that is so unlike me) it was a great moment.

Anonymous said...

i laughed really hard about cooper saying skene it.