Friday, January 11, 2008

Back on track

I am finally feel somewhat back on track after the holidays. I had it in my head to get so much done after Christmas was over that the first few days into this week I felt completely overwhelmed, therefore getting nothing done.
But yesterday was my breakthrough day.
I finally got all my photos organized and sent off to be printed. I am trying a new online photo printing and storage site so it took me a while to get that figured out.
I spent half a day this week cooking and pureeing veggies for some recipes I am going to try out of Deceptively Delicious, a cookbook that show you how to hide veggies in all sorts of food. This tying in of course, to my plan to start eating healthier.
Also made a list of all the things I want to do in the next week - organizing my tupperware cupboard, cleaning out the kids drawers, etc. (Lists somehow have a way of making me feel better)
Yesterday, I even sat down at my table and started scrapping. Felt so good to do that again. Would love to try harder this year at sending my stuff into magazines. Would love to see that dream of becoming published come true. I have to be careful though of not letting that thought consume me and my creative process. I start to think too much about is it 'good enough'. Don't like it when that happens - takes the fun out of it. Anyways feels good to get back to my scrap table.

So all of these things have put me at ease a little. Feeling back to normal. Still have a ton of things I want to get done but it'll happen.
And just because every post is better with a photo here are some recent ones of my dear family.
(loving my new camera)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was looking for more blog and saw I had read the latest one and feeling a bit sad, I scrolled down and I had missed this one. I love the photo of Tony with the kids. On the other photo Hudson seems to be saying 'aw Mom, not another photo' while Taggart lights us his face with a smile in every photo - love it. Love, Leni