Monday, January 14, 2008

A little sunshine in the rain...

Today we got the kind of rain that makes you just want to curl up somewhere under a blanket and stay there until it stops. But I didn't do that - instead Tag and I spent the morning going to Walmart and Costco. Running from the van to the doors and then running back to the van with our cart full of groceries which got soaked in the two minutes it took to get them in the van. Tag's winter coat doesn't have a hood (I know) so he pulls the whole thing over his head and then can't see where he is going. But today as I ran through the parking lots pushing him in the cart with a coat over his head he giggled the whole time. The rain didn't seem to damper his spirits at all.

So even though I wanted to be under a blanket hiding from all the rain I managed to get lots done. Did all the shopping, cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed, got one of the items ticked off my 'to-do' list and cooked dinner for my family. Tony didn't get home until after 6:30 so by the time dinner was done it was bedtime for the kids but they all agreed it was better to eat late with Dad than to eat earlier without him.

And a little sunshine arrived to brighten this rainy day in the form of tulips. Mum dropped them off this afternoon to say thanks for my help to her while she was sick with a very bad cold the last couple of weeks. Eventhough Spring is still a long way away, I know it's coming. Happy, happy tulips are brightening my work space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The tulips look great and I sometimes wish I had your weather. Went for my lunchtime walk and it was over 30 degrees - whew! I looked like a beet but felt great for getting out of the office.
I can just see you running through the rain with Taggart giggling along - very cute!
Love you all, Leni