Sunday, March 1, 2009

"She didn't come."

These are the words I sadly heard from Reagan's mouth on Saturday morning.
"Who didn't come?" I asked.
"The Tooth Fairy!" (snif, snif)
Okay, now this requires some very quick thinking on my part. I did my best to come up with a few reasons why the Tooth Fairy so horribly missed my little girl's tooth. And she did her best to wipe away her tears and believe me when I said that I was sure she would come the next night.
Luckily the Tooth Fairy did come the next night and thankfully she left a note exlaining the delay. All is right in her world again.
The letter reads:
Dear Reagan

I am so very sorry that I did not make it to your house last night to pick up your bright shiny tooth. You will never believe what happened.
There I was ready to come pick up your tooth, when bam! My wing fell out! Just like a tooth falls out, my wing just dropped right off. Well, as you can imagine I can’t fly with just one wing, so I had to wait a whole day for my new wing to grow in. Now I am as good as new. My new wing is working great and I can fly even faster now! So I hope that you were not too sad and that you didn’t think I had forgotten you.

Sincerely yours, The Tooth Fairy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story. I miss those days with my girls. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Oh! The poor tooth fairy, losing a wing like that. Lucky she can grow them back so quickly. Love, Leni