Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Someone - please stop the clock

Seriously, how is it already June?? I have failed to blog so many things in the last couple weeks. Why, you ask? Because we have been so busy doing so many things.

There have been field trips, track meets, organizing teacher gifts, roller hockey, crazy hair day, skipping, school projects, saying goodbye to some great neighbors who moved away, field trips, my sister is here, the school play, setting up the backyard pool, and more field trips. Whew!!

So instead of trying to record all that - impossible - I am going to use this venue (my blog) to get something off my chest.


I hate stickers on produce!!!

Were you expecting something more important, more meaningful? Nope - that's it. When I am already late in the morning and trying to pack lunches and get breakfast and make sure my shoes are on before I head out the door I really do not need to spend five minutes trying to peel stickers off nectarines. I know you know what I'm talking about. They don't peel off in one nice swipe, they rip, they tear the peel, the glue stays on the fruit, blah, blah, blah. Petty? Yes, I know, but it is a source of frustration in my life when I really don't need any more. In the good old days, when I worked as a cashier at the grocery store, we had to memorize the produce codes - there was no sticker to remind us if we forgot. (That may be why I only lasted at that job about 3 weeks)*

There you have it - and I feel surprisingly better. Whether or not it's because I finally vented about that particular pet peeve or just because I finally got on my blog again, I'm not sure. But it doesn't really matter now does it? Don't sweat the small stuff.

*P.S. I quit, I didn't get fired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preach it! I hate those annoying little stickers too. Trying to get them off of peaches is nearly impossible.

Anonymous said...

So do I!! I didn't even know you were a cashier in a store?!?! Jeepers, that's bad! Leni