Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Friday

It's Friday night and my week with Tony away went surprisingly fast. I'm glad it's just about over though and I'm really looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. The kids have really missed him too. I'm very thankful that he doesn't have a job that requires him to do this more often. It's not for me.

Today was a good day.

I got a little time to recharge this morning. Taggart ended up playing at the neighbor's (Jackie's) for most of the day, Reagan went to a friends house after school and so I had up until 2:00 in the house by myself. Loooooovely.

I sat down at me scrap table and the time just flew. I kept thinking, I should go clean the kitchen, I should go put a load of laundry in, but I didn't. And I'm glad I didn't because when I went to collect all my kids at 2:30 I felt ready for the afternoon and evening. I felt re-energized. My plan was to take them all to the park and then out to McDonalds for dinner. Cooper got a call from a friend and he and Hudson ran over to play. Reagan found Kira outside and she was gone again too. Taggart couldn't seem to wake up from his nap so I was beginning to think my grand plans were not going to happen. I was so enjoying my time alone in the morning and then when I wanted to spend time with them they all seemed to have other plans.

Nana asked us if she could take us out for dinner so our plans were back on, even if they had changed slightly. We left around 5:00 and still had time to play at the park before our dinner at White Spot. The kids burned off some more energy for about an hour and we were all famished by the time we got there. Cooper had decided that he is now too old to still be ordering a Pirate Pak so he got a regular meal. He was quite pleased with himself when he got a big glass of pop while the other three got little paper cups. But the tables sure turned when he remembered that Pirate Paks come with ice cream for dessert. Lucky for him the waitress was nice enough to bring him a scoop too.

We ended off the night with a phone call from Daddy and bedtime stories from Nana.

Playground photos:


Today was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all those pictures are so perfect. i love them.

see you guys sunday!