Sunday, October 28, 2007

In a jam

I left Hudson, Reagan and Tag downstairs (Tony and Cooper went to soccer) to go have my shower Saturday morning. As a came out of the bathroom only 15 minutes later this is what I saw.

"Mom, I ate some jam" I think I just stood there and stared at him for a minute, trying, in my head, to imagine what I might find as I go down the stairs and into the kitchen.

This jar was almost full before he got to it. He had quite a feast. And there were little trails of it everywhere. I should mention that Reagan and Hudson were there the whole time - but the TV was on - enough said.

Of course I got annoyed with him and told him he was very naughty, but I also went for my camera. And I thought later how scrapbooking is so much more than a hobby for me but a way of life. I have heard other scrapbookers talk about it this way, and to those who don't "get it" I'm sure it sounds so over the top. But if I wasn't a scrapbooker, so interested in capturing our everyday, would I have stopped to take photos? Probably not and then I wouldn't have given myself those moments to see the silliness in the situation. Maybe I would have gotten mad, mad at him and mad at the mess I now needed to deal with. So thankful for what this hobby has done for me and how it has let me grow as a person and as a Mom.

As I sat him on the table to get the photos of his little jammy self, Reagan and Hudson finally noticed that something was going on. "What did he do?" asked Reagan. "He ate some jam" I answered. Taggart: "It was sooooo good."

The trail of evidence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's never a dull moment when you have kids, is there? Tag does look rather pleased with himself.

Anonymous said...

taggart always says the perfect things. he's adorable.

Anonymous said...

Taggart is a jamtart isn't he!! I can't wait to get photos from Halloween. You are so brave Heidykins for doing all those costumes - make sure they all give you hugs and lollies. Love, Leni